about 1 year ago
I found this on a food blog, but adapted what we had in our fridge. This is a perfect spring/summer salad. This is a great quick salad for dinner or small salad for lunch.
Serves about 4
- 1 cup uncooked lentils
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 10 radishes, sliced
- 1-2 bell peppers, chopped (make it colorful!)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup kalamata olives, cut in half
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Cook lentils in boiling water for about 20 minutes. Drain and add to a large bowl.
Add the tomatoes, red onion, radishes, bell peppers, cilantro, kalamata olives, capers, olive oil, lemon juice and feta cheese.
Toss all of the ingredients together before serving.
- 1983 calories
- 119g total fat
- 43g saturated fat
- 200mg cholesterol
- 4529mg sodium
- 152g carbohydrate (70g dietary fiber, 20g sugar)
- 87g protein